According to 2023 research, 86.9 million American households (66%) have a pet – primarily a dog or cat.
Most of these pet owners view their cherished four-legged companion as an integral part of the family, and 8 out of 10 feel guilty about leaving their pet under someone else’s care when going on vacation.
Luckily, Big Bear has plenty of pet-friendly Airbnbs & cabins to choose from, meaning if you’re planning a much needed getaway to this California mountain city, you can avoid feeling bad about leaving your pet at home by bringing them with you.
In this post, we’ll highlight some of the best Big Bear pet-friendly Airbnbs you can book to enjoy a fun-filled holiday with your furry family member.
3 Top Rated Pet-Friendly Airbnbs in Big Bear
Big Bear offers an extensive selection of vacation accommodations that allow pets, ranging from spacious homes with views of the lake to small cozy cabins in the woods.
Here are a few of our top recommendations for Big Bear pet-friendly Airbnbs:
This cozy cabin is located in a peaceful area in Big Bear Lake’s Moonridge neighborhood. Up to two dogs (small, medium, or toy breeds) are permitted, with each pet charged $35 per stay.
Your dog will enjoy playing in the large fenced yard at Paddington Manor, where they can also run after chipmunks that come by often to eat from the apple tree in the backyard.
Additionally, there are several pine tree wooded hiking trails close to the cabin where you may walk your dog in the morning or evening.
The cabin can comfortably accommodate 6 guests, and some of its key features include:
- A living room area featuring a wood-burning fireplace, perfect for your pet to take warm naps
- A modern, fully furnished kitchen with everything you require to prepare delicious meals for loved ones
- A loft game room with foosball, board games, and other entertainment
- A stargazing outdoor jacuzzi to unwind in after a tiring day of exploring Big Bear’s sights
- Multiple outside firepit-equipped lounging areas where you can stay up late catching up with your holiday crew
- A laundry room outfitted with an iron and ironing board
- A barbecue grill powered by propane
- A large outdoor play space for kids
Paddington Manor is conveniently situated near many of Big Bear’s main attractions, including Big Bear Alpine Zoo, Bear Mountain Ski Resort, and Big Bear Golf Club.
The vacation cabin boasts 5-star ratings from all of its recent guests, including Joe and Carrie, who had the following to say about it:
- “We had a great stay here. The house has everything you need, including a fenced-in yard that is perfect for dogs. On top of that, Leanne was super helpful and responsive”.
- “My son loved all the games and the spa as well as the fire pit! We loved the location too, and all the trees surrounding it. It felt very cabin-y but modern and updated too! The host was amazing, and I would highly recommend it!”
Sitting right on the shores of Big Bear Lake, Roaring Lion has five bedrooms that can sleep 16+ visitors, making it a great spot to stay if you’re visiting Big Bear with a large party.
Pets are welcome on the premises, however, you can only bring two dogs under 25 pounds (11.3 kg) and must pay $75 for each pet.
Your dog can spend its vacation days playing in Roaring Lion’s expansive compound, swimming in the lake if you visit Big Bear during summer, or at the close by Boulder Bay Park, where together with your furry friend, you can enjoy leisurely strolls with breathtaking views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Other Roaring Lion features that you might find appealing, aside from its pet-friendliness, are:
- Spacious family and dining rooms with glass walls offer unbelievable water views
- Game rooms featuring a pool table, Zoola ping pong table, Foosball table, poker table, and artificial turf
- An expansive back deck with a fire pit, 8-person jacuzzi, access to the lake, propane BBQ for enjoyable afternoon grills, and beautiful views of Boulder Bay scenery
- An office and rustic home bar that seats 6 with lake views
- A massive kitchen with miles of gorgeous, just installed white quartz
- A brand new popcorn machine for fun movie evenings
- A boat dock at your disposal
The majority of visitors who have stayed at Roaring Lion have also left glowing reviews for the home. Below are a handful of them:
- “This was such a beautiful home with a beautiful view of the lake. I stayed here for my mini birthday getaway, and everything was perfect. When I checked in, I was even given a box of yummy snacks from the owner for my birthday, which I thought was super thoughtful. 10/10 recommend this home for your next Big Bear trip!”-Danni.
- “Perfect layout for family and kids. This place was perfect with the boat dock. It had a big garage to store our mountain bikes, and we had a lot of them and quick access to our boat, which was right at the back of the house. Big open area to have multi-family dinners with kids. Great games for kids. Everyone had a blast”-Matt and Charley.
- “Our family of 12 enjoyed my big birthday celebration and it was perfect. Enjoyed having our own dock for our boat. We even got rained in on one day and still had plenty to do inside. Leanne was extremely responsive every time. Beautiful home with lots of space”-Nomma.
You and your dog can enjoy an idyllic stay at this remote cabin tucked away among pine trees in the Lower Moonridge area. Cats are regrettably restricted here.
There is a doggy bed for your four-legged friend and a semi-fenced backyard on the property. Each dog is charged $35.
Similar to the other Big Bear pet-friendly Airbnbs we’ve written about, Alta Vista Haus has several desirable amenities, such as:
- 2 comfortable bedrooms that are suitable for up to four people.
- A welcoming open living room for the whole family to gather around with a gas/wood fireplace, 70″ TV connected to Apple TV, and an entertaining assortment of board games and puzzles, including scrabble and chess.
- A kitchen stocked with a variety of culinary supplies, cookie sheets, baking pans, smart appliances, and stainless steel pots and pans.
- A five-person jet-equipped outdoor hot tub.
The cabin is minutes away from popular Big Bear hiking trails that provide lots of space for your pet to roam, Big Bear Lake, where you can take your pet for a splashing good time, and animal-friendly eateries like Nottingham’s Restaurant & Tavern, BLT’s Sandwich Bar & Grill, and Tropicali, that welcome dogs on their outdoor patios, and have great dog menus.
The Alta Vista Haus holds Airbnb Superhost status, an accolade awarded to the most seasoned, dependable, and responsive Airbnb hosts who consistently deliver outstanding hospitality to their visitors.
Sky High Cabins: #1 in Big Bear Cabin Rentals & Management
Do you want a pet-friendly paradise for your Big Bear trip? Sky High Cabins is the best place to find pet-friendly holiday homes in Big Bear, so don’t look anywhere else!
We have 20+ well-maintained pet-friendly properties with features like large fenced-in yards where your four-legged friend can safely run around and enjoy the fresh mountain air, walking and fetch trails, pet beds, bowls, and other necessities to make the time you and your furry pal spend in Big Bear as pleasant and unforgettable as possible.
If you book your pet-friendly vacation rental via Sky High Cabins today, you’ll not only get the best deals around but also avoid paying those annoying extra costs and commissions vacation rental companies like Airbnb and VRBO demand.
Before making a reservation, call us at 909-366-0706 or send us an online message with any questions you may have about our pet-friendly Big Bear cabins. We’ll be happy to share with you how the committed Sky High Cabins team can offer you the ideal retreat for your Big Bear vacation.